Eau Solidaire (“Solidarity Water”) is an inclusive business initiative implemented by Veolia Eau d’Ile- de-France to support households who struggle to pay their water bills in Paris’ low-income suburbs.
Eau Solidaire was designed to maintain affordable water services in three ways:
- Emergency: financial assistance to help customers pay their water bills
- Awareness-Raising: water-saving behaviour change campaigns
- Assistance: support to low-income condominiums
Since 2012, Azao has been supporting Eau Solidaire on both strategic and operational aspects:
- Support the design and optimisation of the program (identification of priority areas, inputs on transversal issues such as digital inclusion, key stakeholder relationships, etc.)
- Design and implement pilot projects in low-income condominiums in order to fight against water precarity (repairing plumbing equipment, preventing leaks and enabling residents to manage and reduce their water consumption over the long term)
- Contribute to the program’s social marketing strategy, especially awareness-raising and behaviour-change campaigns.